With Our Past Behind Us
Welcome to 2013! I had big plans to write a grand, introspective, question-and-answer 2012 recap like this one and this one. But…then I got distracted by the urge to actually start accomplishing my 2013 goals immediately (goal number 1: make breakfast a priority), and because that list is long (goal number 2: add pancakes to goal number 1), here is a quick visual recap of 2012 instead:
1. Bought my first car.
2. Traveled to Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa several times. Traveled in style.
3. Spent a week in Boston. Walked around Harvard looking for Divinity Hall where Emerson gave his famous Divinity School Address. Shucked my first oyster at the Union Oyster House, ate my first cannoli at Mike’s Pastry, and fell in love with the MFA.
4. Ran an 8K after 4 weeks of training and a winter running-slump.
5. Bought my first DSLR.
6. Spent most of the spring driving through the countryside and getting better acquainted with my own neck-of-the-woods.
7. Spent a glorious week’s vacation at a cottage with my family. Made paella on an outdoor fire. Explored wineries in Prince Edward County. Ate great meals with great friends in great places.
8. Discovered Instagram and my inner flâneur.
9. Celebrated Christmas and New Year’s Eve in a quiet way.
10. Loved and adored my husband every day.
What about you? What defined 2012 for you? What do you hope 2013 will look like?